Turning to the cameras, Xiaomi includes a triple camera array with a 48MP primary lens, along with an 8MP ultrawide camera and a 5MP macro sensor. And this is another area where we came away impressed, for the most part at least.
The Galaxy S21 Ultra scored 3096 in our testing, while the Black Shark 4 reached 3366. When going through and changing around the graphical settings, all I did was bump things up to 60fps and Genshin’s guide gave me a warning. This just lets you know if you might end up pushing your phone too hard, suggesting that you turn the graphics back down. Unlike existing global single sign on solutions like the ones from Google or Facebook, ID4me does not track and analyze the internet surfing habits of its users. DTS or Digital Theater Systems is an audio codec system, like Dolby Digital, but with less compression. Cirrus Logic is a renowned manufacturer of semiconductors that are widely used in audio.
- The phone comes with three microphones, two stereo speakers, and a 3.5mm headphone jack which we should definitely applaud as we were expecting Xiaomi to drop it as it is with all flagship phones.
- The featured Snapdragon 870 5G works hard on the Black Shark 4, with most non-gaming apps running at 120 (except YouTube).
- The buttons and their switches wind up taking up a significant amount of space on a phone that really isn’t the largest.
- Chazz Mair is a freelance writer with three years of experience providing guides, news, and reviews of the newest tech for publications like Wired, Screenrant, and TechRadar.
With a higher sampling rate, tabs, flicks, and movements are registered faster and more frequently than ever. In addition, the Black Shark 4 Pro also supports three custom screen refresh rates among 60Hz, 90Hz, and 144Hz. Users can choose the appropriate screen refresh rate according to their personal preferences and different scenarios.
Read our detailed phone pros and cons, quick reviews, and more!. The main camera can also record videos in 4K and with 60 fps if desired. Exposure changes are quite fast and without large visible gradations, and the autofocus usually works reliably. The software Android 11 is preinstalled, and Xiaomi adds its own gaming interface JoyUI on top. Games and special settings for gamers can be managed in the so-called Shark Space. Instead, there are two mechanical triggers that are extended via sliders on the right cross side. When the device is turned on, a sound is heard when the triggers are activated for the first time, as if you were reloading a pistol.
- Adding to its powerful chipset is the 6GB, 8GB to 12GB LPDDR5 (2750 Mhz) RAM along with 128GB to 256GB UFS 3.1 ROM.
- Higher sampling rates, as with the Black Shark, let the phone register your taps, flicks, and movements more quickly and frequently.
- On the other hand, I noticed a serious overheating problem on 3DMark’s Wild Life Stress Test benchmark, which simulates gaming usage for 20 minutes.
- Finding the best smartphone for your money involves serious research.
Well, there is nothing wrong with your phone; when you turn on your phone’s Hotspot, your phone has to connect with the cellular network all firmware and use WiFi to act as a hotspot. Unfortunately, this puts too much work on the battery and starts to heat up. You can buy a Phone Cooler if you want an uninterrupted gaming experience. Smartphones can overheat while performing the following tasks as they are intense and resource-consuming. Xiaomi Black Shark 4 Pro was launched in 2021 with Android 11, Joy UI 12.5; If this issue started after you updated the Software of your Xiaomi Black Shark 4 Pro, the new software has bugs causing overheating. The above three components when used excessively when you perform activities such as recording long videos, gaming, and editing videos.